Dermal fillers are commonly used in non-surgical facial aesthetic treatments to hydrate the skin,
restore volume, and effectively plump up wrinkles.
Most dermal fillers contain hyaluronic acid (HA) - a naturally occurring substance found in the body that helps to maintain hydration and elasticity in the skin. HA in fillers is injected into the skin in a gel-like form.
Why do people get dermal fillers?
People opt for dermal fillers to reduce visible signs of ageing and attain a fuller, rejuvenated look.
As you age, collagen production within the body declines. Reduced collagen levels in the skin contribute to laxity, volume loss, diminished elasticity and sagging of the skin.
There are many reasons why people choose to undergo dermal filler treatments:
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines: Dermal fillers can help combat ageing by restoring elasticity and moisture, giving the face a more youthful appearance.
- Increase ‘fullness’ of the lips, cheeks, chin, under-eye, and jawline: Your face gradually loses volume and structural support, resulting in sagging skin and a sunken appearance. Dermal fillers can address these concerns by revitalising the contours of your face, creating a more supple look.
- Improve facial symmetry: By revitalising the contours of your face, HA fillers can achieve a more harmonious and symmetrical appearance.
- Non-surgical option with minimal recovery time: Dermal fillers are considered a ‘quick-fix’ aesthetic treatment that is relatively painless with minimal to no downtime to your day to day activities.
- Natural-looking ‘tweakments’: Dermal fillers can provide noticeable improvements to the face and help achieve natural-looking results without the ‘overfilled’ look that can sometimes occur with more invasive cosmetic procedures.
The most common areas treated are the nasolabial folds (from the nose to mouth lines), glabella lines (between the eyebrows), and to add volume and shape to the lips.
Advantages of hyaluronic acid in dermal fillers
Hyaluronic acid is a sugar molecule that is produced naturally in the body. It gives your skin volume and keeps it supple by regulating water balance in the skin.
Aside from collagen, our bodies also produce less hyaluronic acid naturally as we age, resulting in loss of plumpness and skin elasticity.
Hyaluronic acid fillers (HA Fillers) work by replenishing the HA levels, effectively reducing the visibility of lines and wrinkles.
HA Fillers can be used to:
- deeply hydrate the skin
- erase fine lines and wrinkles
- smooth out deep lines and folds
- restore facial volume
- define and plump lip volume
Dermal fillers generally last between several months to a couple of years, depending on the individual, the treatment area and the type of HA injected.
Dermal fillers: Risks & Side Effects
Serious complications arising from the use of dermal fillers are rare but as with any medical aesthetic procedure, there are also risks and side effects.
The most common side effects include swelling and pain around the injection site. It is also not unusual to experience redness after receiving treatment. These side effects are mild and typically go away within a few days.
Overall, dermal fillers are generally safe, but not entirely devoid of risks.
You should speak to your healthcare provider for individualised treatment plans tailored to you. Make sure your doctor knows about your medical history including allergies.
What happens when you stop getting fillers?
When you stop getting dermal fillers, the wrinkles and fine lines at the treated areas will slowly reappear.
This is due to the body breaking down the hyaluronic acid molecules over time. The rate at which this happens will depend on your individual physiology as well as the area of the body treated.
Dermal fillers are generally not designed to be permanent. Maintaining the desired look often requires regular touch-ups.
Introducing our Effortless HA Fillers
Our Effortless HA Fillers are made of Hyaluronic Acid .
Effortless HA fillers are manufactured using a patented technology that enables them to integrate seamlessly into your skin 1,2 .
Effortless HA fillers are tailor-made to adapt to different facial areas and injection depths. They can be used individually or in combination to customise aesthetic solutions depending on the skin's structural and functional needs, creating predictable and harmonious results.
This is why Effortless HA fillers look and feel just like your skin.
More importantly, safety is a key priority for us as it is to you. You'll be happy to know our Effortless HA fillers are:
- US-FDA Approved
Remains safe throughout your entire treatment journey
It is safe starting from the point of treatment to gradually dissolving so you can have a peace of mind.
- Has minimal risk of DIR (delayed inflammatory reaction) 5,6 . so you won't have nasty surprises like painful swellings and lumps in weeks or months after your treatment.
- Has 93% satisfaction rate 8 .
Get the right treatment tailored to your skin. Talk to your healthcare provider today for individualised treatment .
- Micheels P, et al. Dermatol Surg. 2012 Jul;38(7 Pt 2):1162-9
- Tran C, et al. Dermatology. 2014;228(1):47-54.
- Corduff N, et al. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2022:15 1213–1223.
- Micheels P, et al. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2018;12:1-10.
- Taufig A, et al. J Ästhet Chir. 2009;2,29-32
- Prasetyo AD, et al. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2016 Sep 8;9:257-80
- Kühne U, et al. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2016 Oct 20;9:373-381
- Fischer TC, et al. Facial Plast Surg. 2016 Jun;32(3):283-8.